Monday, February 16, 2015

Time to stop mucking around?

My Revit journey is inching towards something or other.  Namely, a certain level of competence in the use of Revit.

To this end, Robin has kindly lent a book, "Mastering Autodesk Revit Architecture 2011" by Eddy Krygiel, Phil Read and James Vandezande.  A total of 1122 page, and weighs in around 2.3 kg.  Not a complete beginners book it goes into such areas as Film and Stage and Revit in the Cloud , which I am not going study.

Up until now, I have just picked up a project done previously in Autocad and redrawn it in Revit.
While useful, it seems a bit of a disorganised approach.  So I have taken stock of what I do know, and used the headings in the book as a guide for a sequence of study to be undertaken.

This is my list:

1. Advanced modelling and Massing
2. Walls and Curtain Walls
3. Floors, Ceilings and Roofs
4. Family Editor
5. Stairs and Railings
6. Detailing
7. Documentation
8. Annotating
9. Presentation

My present situation is that I threw in my mechanical drafting job on the 19th January 2015, hoping to get a change of scene by drafting houses instead.  This ties in with a desire to work at home, seeing as I have Revit 2015, along with Autocad etc.  I have approached about 8 local architects with an offer of a fixed price per square metre for residential house drafting, but no takers as yet.

Just trolling through other Reviteer's blogs is a depressing journey: I realise how little I know.

Some blogs stand out, this one I like and will be going back to: http://revitrants.blogspot.co.nz/

Just because drawing a wall and inserting a wall is very easy in Revit can lead you into the false idea that this is an easy program to master.



No comments:

Post a Comment